She said: 'I went straight to see my GP but when I got there I looked like an alien with one side of my face was going out like a rugby ball. Mind omati vabandage väljenduse eest u.
Paula Pratt struggled to breathe when her neck swelled up 'like a rugby ball' after she used the £5 Clairol 'Nice n Easy' hair dye.
Mrs Pratt said she followed the instructions on the box to the letter, and carried out a hour reaction test before going ahead with the treatment. But the year-old, from Bognor Regis, West Sussex, said she has been left emotionally scarred by the ordeal.
She said: 'I went straight to see my GP but when I got there I looked like an alien with one side of my face was going out like a rugby ball. By the time I got 48 hour slim down the other side of my face had swelled up too.
It was terrifying.
She went to work as usual the following day, but that evening her head, face and neck began swelling up like a balloon. Enlarge Mrs Pratt said her face and neck swelled to the size of a rugby ball Her eyes closed, her scalp stretched and began to weep, and her throat swelled making it difficult to breathe.
She said: 'I did everything it said on the tin and had no reaction to the 48 hour test, so my sister went ahead and dyed my hair for me. I looked like a sumo wrestler or the elephant woman. The infection actually started to drip out of my scalp and into my hair.
She was given a seven-day course of steroids and antihistamines, and has now made a full recovery.
Mrs Pratt said she would not be seeking compensation from Clairol, but is seeing a dermatologists to determine which ingredient in the keha slim uden caused the severe reaction. She also urged other women to check for signs of an allergy before dying their hair. She added: 'I just want to make people aware of the reactions you can get to hair dyes.
45 min Full Body Workout to BURN MAX CALORIES (Results in 2 Weeks) ~ Emi
They're not always as safe as people 48 hour slim down. It's put me off for life - I'd rather go grey than have that happen again. She said: 'We are very sorry to hear about Mrs Pratt's experience after using a Clairol product.